Last updated on October 27th, 2015
As promised last week, today we’ve got a month-long SEO Roundup covering the entire month of July. The SEO and online marketing community created tons of great content, advice and guides this month, so I probably missed a few. Be sure to hit me up on Google+ or Twitter if you wrote something awesome I missed.
Lots to go through this month, so let’s get straight to the links . . .
- Great tips here on being an analytics power-user.
- It’s all about the conversions, and the best way to get them is to understand consumers.
- So much great blogging advice in this article!
- Guest blogging can still work, if you know how to approach it.
- The greatest content in the world won’t help you if no one reads it. Here’s how to write great headlines that get people reading.
- Here’s a fantastic interview with AWeber’s Hunter Boyle.
General SEO and Online Marketing:
- Really interesting perspective on SEO’s relationship with Google in this piece. Love the analogy, and the author makes some pretty valid points.
- Automation can save time, but it shouldn’t be done at the expense of quality. Here’s some great advice to help you determine when you should and shouldn’t automate marketing tasks.
- Great points in this piece about the benefits of hiring agency assistance for your marketing.
- Get the details on Google’s latest updates to search quality guidelines.
- Do you know Google’s ranking factors? All of them? Grab some coffee before you delve into this one.
- Looks like the folks at Google were busy in July. Here’s the rundown.
- I think we’re probably all guilty of at least one of these bad link building habits.
- Be sure to take a listen to this excellent edition of the Visible HQ podcast featuring David McSweeney, then go his battle with negative SEO.
- Find out how to get links that truly generate traffic.
- Check out this wonderful long-form read on the state of link building.
- Everything you need to know about what the latest Penguin update means for local search results.
- Next time someone tries to tell you social media is a waste of time, show them this.
- Excellent advice on how to optimize your personal Google+ account.
Just for Fun:
- This is just so great! I really have no words, and you should probably experience it for yourself, anyway. Click the link!