Last updated on October 27th, 2015
For regular readers of our SEO roundup, we’re glad to have you back for another biweekly installment. For newcomers, welcome to our blog series where we share the latest SEO news, resources and tools that the SEO Advantage team has found helpful and informative.
As you know, internet marketing is a constantly evolving industry and keeping up with all these changes could be a full-time job in itself! Therefore, our goal is to give you a quick overview of the top links worth checking out so that you can get back to being a marketing maven.
So without further ado, let’s get to the good stuff…
Search Engine Optimization
- It’s never a bad idea to brush up on the basics. Check out our SEO Alphabet (part I and part II)…
- It’s easy to slip into the rut of thinking rankings are everything. Yes, rankings are one measurement of a website’s performance, but it isn’t the only one – not even the most important one. Other factors are just as, if not more, indicative of an SEO program’s effectiveness, as this article.
- Google’s Penguin algorithm update decimated many small business in the SERPs. Since its release in 2012, there have been numerous updates and refreshes but certain sites are still struggling to recover. Here’s an overview of the past, present and future of the Penguin update.
- People love using sweeping generalizations (guilty), and it’s no different in the business world. If you’ve ever listened to a client say “Keywords aren’t as important any more so SEO is dead, isn’t it?” then this article is for you (or them).
- Are seeing movement in traffic patterns but unsure of where the source is? For instance, is it that new social media post, or is your long-term SEO plan finally paying off? Advanced Visitor insights from Google Analytics can help you get to the bottom of it.
- Google advertisers everywhere raised a virtual glass to the search engine recently when they increased the space for ads by implementing a new ad extension called Structured Snippets. Learn more…
- If you’re going to do a PPC landing page, make sure you are doing it right with this checklist from Search Engine Watch.
- TechCrunch reported that over a million people signed up for Periscope, Twitter’s newest live-streaming video acquisition, in the first 10 days after its official launch back in March. Social media sages should see this popularity as a sign for better things to come and get familiar with the basics of Periscope now while the hype is still building.
- If you aren’t getting links from LinkedIn, then you’re doing something wrong – at least according to Social Media Today.
- A great inspirational quote is like soup for the soul. But do they belong in your social media campaign?
- “Marketing isn’t a battle of products, it’s a battle of perceptions,” said well-known marketing consultant and author Jack Trout. He’s right in many ways. As online marketers, we have to get in the heads of consumers in order to make conversions, and this is a job that can be made easier by a basic comprehensive of the psychology of persuasion.
- Creating killer content is key, but it isn’t always easy. (If it is, tell me your secret.) This Ultimate Guide to Copywriting may be overreaching a bit, but it’s definitely got some great tips regardless.
- Do you ever enjoy watching those YouTube FAIL videos? (I know I do.) If so, you may appreciate these content marketing fails…
- If you’re looking for a handy tool for generating long-tail keyword content ideas, you may want to give Ubersuggest a try.
- Experts agree that headlines and taglines are critical to improving your page’s readability and optimization.
Until our next SEO Roundup, don’t forget to browse our blog and knowledge center for info and insights into the world of internet marketing and search engine optimization.