Last updated on September 16th, 2016
This week Yahoo! launched it’s new logo, and the internet collectively shrugged its shoulders. Among other things, the new design has been compared both to a logo for a cosmetics company, and to something far more appropriate for the graphic sensibilities of the 1990’s.
Elsewhere this week we’ve found plenty of links to new SEO and online marketing articles and resources that – unlike the new Yahoo! logo – are timely and interesting. Check out what’s worth reading on the web right now . . .
Content Marketing and Copywriting:
- Feel like climbing on your soapbox for a good blog rant? Here’s how to do it without coming off like a jerk.
- In case you missed it yesterday, Stephen gave us some excellent insight into Google’s in-depth articles.
General SEO and Online Marketing:
- For a fun read and some great marketing advice, check on this article on what marketers can learn from the Harry Potter universe.
- If you’re like most of us, you have a love/hate relationship with Excel, but the time-saving tips in this piece will make you love it all over again.
- Does humor have a place in your marketing strategy? Check out this thoughtful analysis.
- Check out this very nice guide to finding and dealing with 404 pages.
- Preparing for a website redesign? Find out how to handle (and why to avoid) changing urls.
- Google+ posts can now be imbedded. Learn how here.
- Thanks to the folks at Edgerank Checker, We have the first metrics on Facebook hashtags and brand exposure. Some people are going to be very surprised by what they found.
- From Social Media today we have some brutal honesty. With the way most marketers push video marketing as essential, it’s nice to see someone acknowledge that it might not be the right tactic for everyone.
I’ll bring you more links to information you can really, actually use next week. In the meantime, if you write something relevant to SEO and online marketing that’s worth reading and sharing, drop us a comment!