Last updated on December 22nd, 2015
Have you ever been in a situation where returning to the fundamentals can help you regain a foothold and actually improve your situation—like reconfiguring the design of a house of cards after numerous failed attempts? Some internet marketers have found that stripping SEO down to the bare bones (or minimalistic SEO) can help reset and actually improve your overall SEO practices.
Now before you go and start everything over from scratch, taking the minimalistic approach to SEO by no means suggests you need to use bare bones methods forever; however, it can be much easier to add on advanced practices once you have cut away superfluous ones.
Furthermore, adhering to a minimalistic SEO approach does not mean that your business can ignore the larger SEO practices like bad links (you’ll still have to deal with those).
When considering a minimalistic SEO approach, you need to incorporate four specific aspects, including:
- Include superior content. You need to include well-written, original content that will add value to your website.
- Build meaningful relationships. If you’re able to build relationships with authorities in your field, you can greatly improve not only the content you provide your viewers, but also work to become an authority as well.
- Work to engage socially. Don’t underestimate the power of social media. Social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram can do wonders in terms of getting your marketing materials and branding out there.
- Work to keep favorable user experiences. In order to keep your users engaged, you need to continually update your content, improve your site (especially site speed), ensure your content is mobile-friendly and ensure your responsive site is easily navigable.
Advantages of Minimalism
Of course, cutting your SEO practices down to the bare minimum (even for a short time) certainly has its advantages when done right. In fact, Forbes recently discuss this very issue, advising webmasters to:
“Give the minimalistic approach a try, even if you’re used to a much more complicated system. You certainly won’t compromise your results or your position, and if nothing else, you’ll at least experience a nice change of pace. With a fresh perspective and a revised list of priorities, you should have no problem jump-starting your program.”
The benefits of minimalism in SEO are many. Four advantages are listed below:
- It allows you to better prioritize your time.
- You can become an authority in your field.
- Eliminates any ‘white noise’ cluttering your rankings.
- Allows for better growth, especially in terms of rankings.
Here at SEO Advantage, we believe in finding the best SEO strategy to work for your business – whether that’s a minimalistic or comprehensive approach. We’ve got everything from basic SEO plans to premium marketing services. If you’d like to discuss how we can put search engine optimization to work for your business, contact us by email, phone or online form today.
More insights into SEO practices can be found by browsing our blog and knowledge center.